Wednesday March 1 - Two Tennessee Traditions: Titans and Volunteers
This week we visit the home of your Tennessee Titans on Route #9 – Nissan Stadium - aka 'LP Field', and 'The Coliseum' before that. We meet at the corner of 11th & Holly at 6pm. We run every Wednesday – rain or shine. If you are a run/walker and want to get a head start, meet at 5:45pm and join the Lasty Nasties. You can READ HERE for more info on how our Wednesday night runs work. Daylight Savings Time is only a few weeks away (yay!), but as it's still dark be sure to wear something that creates or reflects light.
Calling All Volunteers! It’s not too late to sign up!
Did you miss last week’s Volunteer Night? No worries! There’s still plenty of time (and plenty of opportunities) to get involved as a volunteer. For the next 3 Wednesday nights we will have sign-up forms available at the run OR you can use this link to enter your information online.
What are the different volunteer opportunities? Glad you asked.
Below are the basics, but if you have additional questions feel free to ask an East Nasty Board Member for more information.
- Coaches for the Full and Half marathon, Potato to Tomato 5k, and The Next Door 6k (women only)
- Speed session leaders
- Help with announcements, planning, water/gatorade stops, etc.
- Set-up and transport of water coolers, route maps, etc.
- Organize pace groups
- Clean-up and return of equipment to NRC after the run
- Help plan and organize East Nasty social events (including the Half marathon/Marathon after party, Christmas Party and Tomato Festival booth)
- Publicize the events
Cheering/Race Water Stops:
- Help plan and organize cheer stations, water stops and race support for fellow East Nasty runners (including the Half marathon/Marathon and Tomato 5k)
- Act as goodwill ambassadors for the running community and neighborhood
- Plan events and opportunities for East Nasty to give back to the neighborhood and local community
- Develop partnerships with local groups that need our support
Remember, East Nasty operates solely by committed volunteers. There is an opportunity for each and every runner to serve and support this amazing running club. ENFL!
Pint Night in 2 weeks...
NRC's monthly Pint Night is delayed until March 15th, so after the run head over to 3 Crow Bar for 2-4-1s and some of those amazing sweet potato tots! Invite someone new to join the group and make them feel welcome!