Wednesday March 8 - Climbing Lenore...
This week we revisit one of our newer routes Route #10 – The Electric Slide. or Boogaloo. Or something like that. We meet at the corner of 11th & Holly at 6pm. We run every Wednesday – rain or shine. If you are a run/walker and want to get a head start, meet at 5:45pm and join the Lasty Nasties. You can READ HERE for more info on how our Wednesday night runs work. Be sure to wear something that creates or reflects light. Just one more week until Daylight Savings Time...
This route is awesome (with one of the greatest hills in East Nashville) but you need to be extra cautious at one particular intersection. Right before the three mile mark, you turn left onto 14th from Sevier. Before you turn left onto 14th from Sevier, you need to STOP, look for traffic, then cross the street and RUN ON THE SIDEWALK on the RIGHT SIDE of 14th. BE VERY CAREFUL CROSSING 14th! For those of you who know the area, make sure you alert those around you.
Chattanooga & Tom King
Congrats to all our Nasties that crushed the Chattanooga Marathon and the Tom King Half and 5K this past weekend! Our Half and Full Marathon Training resumes this Saturday at 8am at Nissan Stadium as we begin to train on the Rock n Roll course...
Calling All Volunteers! It’s not too late to sign up!
There’s still plenty of time (and plenty of opportunities) to get involved as a volunteer. For the next few Wednesday nights we will have sign-up forms available at the run OR you can use this link to enter your information online.
What are the different volunteer opportunities? Glad you asked.
Below are the basics, but if you have additional questions feel free to ask an East Nasty Board Member for more information.
- Coaches for the Full and Half marathon, Potato to Tomato 5k, and The Next Door 6k (women only)
- Speed session leaders
- Help with announcements, planning, water/gatorade stops, etc.
- Set-up and transport of water coolers, route maps, etc.
- Organize pace groups
- Clean-up and return of equipment to NRC after the run
- Help plan and organize East Nasty social events (including the Half marathon/Marathon after party, Christmas Party and Tomato Festival booth)
- Publicize the events
Cheering/Race Water Stops:
- Help plan and organize cheer stations, water stops and race support for fellow East Nasty runners (including the Half marathon/Marathon and Tomato 5k)
- Act as goodwill ambassadors for the running community and neighborhood
- Plan events and opportunities for East Nasty to give back to the neighborhood and local community
- Develop partnerships with local groups that need our support
Remember, East Nasty operates solely by committed volunteers. There is an opportunity for each and every runner to serve and support this amazing running club. ENFL!