You guys are ready to race! But here are some things to keep in mind over the next 24 hours:
1) Start hydrating now.
2) Eat something race morning, and if you normally drink coffee, drink coffee!
3) Take the shuttles from LP field, but arrive early, the lines for the buses are long, the lines to the port-a-johns are long, and that is one thing you want to take care of before the race.
4) Be conservative early. Don't run slow...but DO NOT push the pace up to Belmont. You should probably be slower than your goal time at Belmont, why? Because that section of the race is almost entirely uphill. Slow down, keep your effort level stable, and make up the time on the downhills...
5) If you want to join our 1:45 or our 2:00 pace groups, here is the deal:Our 1:45 pace group will be in corral 3. Our 2:00 group will be in corral 8. You can either look for Steve and Sarah at the front of those corrals, or you can meet them by the funeral home (near the Rite Aid) at 6:40 in the morning.
6) Wear your East Nasty gear!
Here is fun stuff
7) After you finish your race, meet under the letter "E" in the family reunion area. There is also a new water stop going up at the 24 mile mark. That is right when you leave Shelby Park. I know that it is last minute, but if any of you are willing to swing by and help out, they could use the manpower. Especially late in the morning when the 4 hour runners are passing through.
8) Come to our post-race party to celebrate with your fellow East Nasties! Here is the information, including the address to Andy and Heidi's house. Bring something to share, bring friends, bring family, everyone is welcome!
Have fun tomorrow! ENFL!