Back at it...10/6/2010
Annie Parsons. The first and only West Nasty. If you think that she needs to move back to Nashville, give her a comment on her amazing blog!
After a fantastic run with the Gumpathoners, we are back to run #1. Check out the route on the right...
As you may know, East Nasty collects slightly used running shoes, cleans them up and donates them to various schools and organizations. We also need shoes BOXES. So if you have any old shoes boxes laying around, please bring those along with any old shoes...
Some Fall Reminders...
1) Reflective gear. Drew will have some vests available for $20, but please start wearing something that will make you a little more visible as the days are getting shorter.
2) The buddy system. Now that darkness arrives before 7 p.m. we need to start looking out for each other. That means: please don't run by yourself, or let anyone else run alone! Also, don't walk to your car solo after hanging at 3 Crow. Look out for your fellow Nasty!
3) Stay left! Remember, the laws of traffic favor pedestrians, but the law of physics favor vehicles... Make sure that you defer to the cars in all situations! Try not to run more than 2 abreast, and stay to the side of the road as much as possible.
4) Make Running Art. Ian White is looking for some visual artists to get involved in an East Nasty project. Send him an email ASAP, as we are going to get started soon. firstname.lastname@example.org.
5) Support KIPP. East Nasty is going to be helping out KIPP Academy by volunteering at an open house. We need 18 volunteers to hang out in a beautiful home in Belle Meade and take tickets. Margaret Jones is heading the volunteers, and you will have a chance to sign up for a slot this Wednesday....here are some details:
KIPP Academy has been selected to be one of the recipients of the proceeds from the MCBC Charity Tour of Homes. This tour of homes is not like a traditional tour of homes where you buy a ticket and then tour several homes in a close vicinity. For this tour, homes are all around Nashville and each is designated a charity. Tickets are then bought individually for each home with all proceeds received at that home going directly to the assigned charity. The “KIPP house” is located at 600 Belle Park Circle near Cheekwood. All KIPP has to do is supply volunteers. This is where East Nasty comes in. The home tour will take place over two weekends in October, the 15th-17th and 22nd-24th. We will need a total of 18 volunteers each of the two weekends. Shifts are 2 hours with two volunteers per shift. There will be three shifts per day during the hours of 1pm-7pm. We encourage you to sign up for multiple shifts and/or multiple days if possible. KIPP thanks you!
Location: 600 Belle Park Circle
Dates: October 15, 16, 17 and October 22, 23, 24
Times: 3 two-hour shifts between the hours of 1pm-8pm
Signup: Please see Margaret Jones after the run Wednesday, October 6 and October 13.
Contact: Margaret Jones, MargaretEJones@gmail.com
See you guys on Wednesday!